Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I DO have friends...

I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't have any friends...

After I reread what I just wrote, it may have come across that way. I do have some wonderful friends ~ Barb, Sharon, Marilyn, Bev, Nancy, Wendy, Cindy, the girls in my book club and the girls in my mom's group...just to name a few. I guess we ~ as humans ~ tend to complain more about the things in life that hurt us as opposed to reliving the things in life that bring us joy. Why is that? More than anything else, it should be exactly the opposite.

So, in an effort to redeem myself for the last post, I won't go on about another friendship that I'm dealing with right now that is hurting me...instead, I'll talk a little bit about my family day today and then I'm heading off to bed.

Last night, Wink requested that I get him up early to take a shower since he didn't feel like it last night. This morning when the boys got up for school, Wink got in the shower right away, but then he didn't want to get out. Little Stinker. By the time he got out and got dressed, he decided he had to poop and...you guessed it...the bus came while he was still sitting on the pot. I never did go in there to check and see if he actually accomplished anything or if it was a ploy to get me to take him to school this morning...either way, I drove him into town.

When I returned, Afton had gotten up and was standing on a kitchen chair ~ buck naked ~ and having a bowl of cereal for breakfast. She is so funny!!! What a grin when I walked through the door and her little chants of "Mamie" "Mamie" "Mamie" make me giggle every time. (Mamie is her name for me instead of Mommy) We are sort-of working on the potty training issue but not really pushing it yet since I don't think she's really ready. She could sit in a poopy diaper for hours if I'd let her. Anyway, she hopped down off the kitchen chair this morning and proceeded to pee right on the kitchen floor as I was on the phone to my doctor's office. Whoops! Guess we didn't make it to the potty this time.

Since I went out for lunch today with some of my quilting buddies, I picked Wink up from school at 11:15 and dropped both he and Afton off at the great-grandparent's house. Went for lunch and then went to the courthouse to attempt to do some more research on my little "project", then off to the library to do more. I DID finally find what I was looking for...but it didn't really give me any answers :( Went back to GG's to pick up the kids and they had decided they wanted to stay, so I came home instead and called Jim to have him pick them up on his way through town. It was nice to have a couple of hours to myself this afternoon ~ although I didn't really accomplish anything :(

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a better day and I'll get some more decluttering done. It feels really good to have that stuff moved out of my house! And since we know the new baby is a girl now, I can start on rearranging the girls' room, too...

Off to bed now...It's late and I'm exhausted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home