Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Today's "Positivity"

Woke up this morning feeling completely different than I did last night. Drama is over once again and I am ready to face the day. I have so much stuff to get done over the weekend...I don't even know where to start.

I did decide that I would make a written list of all of the quilt-y things I want to accomplish this year (in the order of importance)...so I will list them below so that I have a permanent record. I try and do this every year, but I usually write it on a piece of paper and then have to chase it around my office (if I can find it at all!).

1. Triple Irish Chain Colorwash Quilt - King Size (I'm only listing this first because Sharon and I are taking the class starting this weekend and I KNOW it will get done!!)

2. Wizard of Oz Quilt - Baby Size; this will be an easy one to finish up since all I have to do is remove the two borders I had put on, add the floater strip to separate the border from the blocks and put the outside borders back on. My goal for this is to have it done by April 6th so I can give it to Pat to quilt on her long-arm.

3. Take Along Cutting and Pressing Board; I would really like to get this done to be able to take with me to CCQ and classes...I pulled the pattern out again to see what I needed...I already have the *cutest* quilt lady fabric to cover it with.

4. Wizard of Oz Quilt - Lap Size; this one is the same as the above one but I haven't started piecing the blocks yet. I do have it cut out and ready to go, tho. Hopefully, this one will also be done by the 6th to go with the other one. It will be easier to send them both at the same time.

5. Pastel Tie-Dye "Bug" Quilt - Twin Size; I haven't started on this one yet although I do have the main focus fabric. Since the baby will be coming in August and Lizzie will have to move into a "big girl" bed sometime after that, I'd like to have this done and ready to go on it. Not quilting related, but related to this quilt (LOL) is that I would also like to get "their" room repainted before the new one gets here...my current plan is to have one wall yellow, one pink, one light green and one lavender. It needs to be redone to be "girly"!

6. Nature Quilt for Gage - Baby Size; I finally found an awesome pattern (it has prairie points over the blocks so the baby can play peek-a-boo with what's underneath!) to go with the 5 1/2" blocks of bears, wolves, fox, deer and elk that will become baby Gage's quilt. Now to just get the remaining fabric purchased!

Guess that's it for things that really need to get done SOON...below is the rest of my list (in no particular order)...

**Stained Glass Cats Wallhanging...this is one I'm going to have to draft the pattern myself. My stepfather bought my birthmother this awesome stained glass piece when she was ill and dying from cancer. I'd really like to remake it in fabric in her honor and as a reminder of our love for cats.



**Sunbonnet Sue in Embroidery...I bought this book when Afton was a baby and it's actually two Sues playing together. Now that we know she's going to have a sister for sure, I think it would make a really cute wallhanging for their room.

**Carolina Lily...this has always been one of my favorite patterns and I would love to have one for myself. It's probably a ways down the road, tho...

**Wool Hearts and Flowers Wallhanging...this is an "in-progress" piece in that I have all of the wool I need now and have all of my templates cut out. I just haven't gotten any further on it yet. I should get moving on it because I could take it along for my handwork.

**Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman...I bought this book last year and absolutely fell in love with it since it combines applique and embroidery. Now to just get Sharon to sit down with me and teach me how to applique!!!!

**Vintage Girls and Boys...I'm not sure how much of this fabric I have and it's laid out to be panels. It's the cutest Michael Miller print and is what really got me started on their fabric line. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

**Batik Stained Glass...This is another idea I have that I hope to get done someday...I have a lot of saved photos of "iron work" that is scrolled and think it would make the neatest stained glass wallhangings. Have to draft my own patterns, tho.

**Blue and White Wedgeworks 3-D Dresden Plate...I saw this one in the Cities when I visited one of my favorite shops there. It is gorgeous done up in blues and whites (scrappy) and the 3-D effect is so COOL!!! I have done one other pattern from her book so know how the technique works...it's just a matter of getting it into the prioritized list. This is one that I would REALLY like to have done for next year's quilt show since it's so different.

**Another bed quilt for Afton - this one done up in Seaside Rose fabrics that I've already purchased. I really, really love them...but decided they would maybe fit her life a little better when she's older. For now, she needs bright, fun things!!

**Dresden Plate 30's...my birthmother cleaned out an apartment that was FULL of stuff and found an entire box of pre-cut petals for a Dresden Plate quilt. All are from original 30's prints. I just have to find time to piece them.

**Floral Nine Patch - Crib Size...hehehe this is the first quilt I ever made...it is all pinned and ready to be hand quilted but still sitting in the WIP pile. I think it's ugly now - but I can't stand to part with it since it was my first one. It will probably never be finished...

**Lucky Stars Brights Quilt - Lap Size; I have all of the blocks needed for this one AND they're already cut out as I had participated in a cutting robin a year or so ago. It just hasn't been the top of my priority list to get them put together.

**Spring Fling Quilt - Lap Size; this was supposed to be Afton's "original" quilt but it went to the bottom of the pile, too. I have all of the FQs pulled from my stash to go in it...just need to cut and sew!

**Americana Rag Quilt; started on this a couple of years ago to put up in my bathroom that has an Americana theme...it's made from denim and red, blue and tan fabrics. The blocks have either hearts or stars in them that are then cut into fourths and rearranged to give it a more scrappy look. It probably wouldn't be a hard one to finish if I'd just make the time to do so.

**Paris Cat and Friendly Felines Bags; I have all of my fabrics for this, too...and Heaven knows I can always use more bags. Really should move this up the list and finish something for myself. :)

There are still more things on my list...a JD wallhanging for the boy's room, redoing some old embroidered blocks that were in my own baby quilt, finishing some Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks that I picked up at a garage sale, a real simple wool four patch sampler, mesh bags for my book club group (and something to go in each of them!), an individual piece to donate to the New Hope Village Quilt Auction this year...the list could go on for miles, I think.

Then there are the fabrics that are in my stash that had an idea when I bought them... I haven't even started to go through them and make out a list. LOL

Guess that's it for now...I hear Afton crying so I'd better go get her up and feed her breakfast. Pretty soon it's going to be lunch!! LOL

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home