Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Monday, January 15, 2007

My last project...





A little commentary on this fun, fun project. We draw names at Christmas time for a "secret-sister" in our small quilting group. I was so excited this year when I drew the name of my secret-sis...she absolutely LOVES cardinals and that made her present super easy!! I found the three patterns on the internet (can't remember names right now but contact me if you want to know and I'll look them up for you). It was a plain black sweatshirt when I started and I added the front cardinal on a branch from one pattern, the pocket from another pattern, and the caridnal on the back from the third. I then embellished it a little with hot-fix crystals and did a decorate stitch on the hem. I think it turned out really cute!! Wonder why I always have the time to make everyone else really neat quilted things but never anything for myself!?!? LOL Anyway, hope it inspires you to create from your heart, too!

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Oh, that looks great! I'm sure she loved it.

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Neva said...

It does always seem that there is no time to sew for me....currently I am repairing a quilt handstitched by a young man for a final art project....I guess I am going to have to undo it all as there is no rhyme or reason to it and I have never quilted before...sewn alot but not quilted...would that be what you would suggest?

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home