Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Still No Pictures :(

Well, darn. I still can't find the cord to my camera. I guess I'm going to have to go out and buy another one. Hopefully, it will be easier this time!!! The last time, I ended up ordering one off of the internet because I couldn't find one locally. UGH! What a pain!! If only I were more organized...
Anyway, Suzette sent an email asking us to post for WIP Wednesday. Since I can't do pictures, I'll give you a basic rundown of what I have going that needs to be done before Christmas:

Gage's Quilt ~ This was started for my nephew shortly after he was born (2 years ago!) and was meant to be a baby gift. It is based on a pattern called "Peek-a-Boo" from the Quick Quilts magazine and Let-Me-Tell-You...this quilt has been anything but quick!!!! It's a cute idea but for an anal retentive quilter like me who has to have everything *perfect*, it's been a nightmare. The reason it's still not done is I have to keep putting it away because it's been so frustrating!!! I remember that the last time I had it out, I came to the conclusion that I was going to go away from the pattern a little bit and make some of the blocks different so as not to have so many of the PIA blocks to do. That involves some frog quilting and I haven't gotten that far yet. My secondary goal was to have it done last year for Christmas...but since it's still on my WIP list, you know that didn't happen either :( SO...my FINAL goal is to have it done this year for Christmas. We'll see how that goes...

Gracie's Quilt ~ This is for the aforementioned's little sister who will be one year old on December 11. I have all of the fabrics purchased and know what I'm going to do, but haven't started yet. It really is simple so need to get that one put together and to the long-armer SOON.

Sharon's RR ~ Yet another frustrating project. I participated in this absolutely *wonderful* round robin with my small group and I still have my best friend's quilt. I was the last one to get hers and got frustrated with my round. She told me to put it away and come back to it. I have been working on it lately and just have some final embroidery to do. It should be an easy finish. Since she doesn't have a computer and can't read my blog ~ LOL ~ I can tell you that I've purchased her a gift certificate to our local long-armer as a thank you for waiting for it for SO long. I know she will love it but I feel so guilty!!!! (Or is that Quilty?!?!?!)

I have also been on a creativity HIGH lately ~ so went shopping three times last week. I purchased Nancy Halvorsen's new "Love Is" fabric calendar and the focus block fabric and coordinates to make wallhangings for my kids' rooms. There's even a weiner dog in one block! :)


I also found some really neat fabrics on clearance for 75% off and am going to make the girls' Christmas dresses. My husband laughed when I showed it to him and said maybe I should make them in *next year's* sizes because he bet that I would never get them done for this year's holiday celebrations!! LOL We'll see who wins out on that one...

There's a WHOLE other list of WIPs that are listed on the right side of my blog. I have my small group meeting all day tomorrow and hope to get lots accomplished! At the end of this month, I'm going on an all weekend quilt retreat (Friday noon to Sunday 10am) and then again on the weekend of the 8th of December. I have Hello Kitty flannel-backed satin to make both of the girls pajamas as well... I don't think I've done this much clothes sewing in a LONG time!!!

I really feel that 2008 is the YEAR OF THE WIP!!! I hope the rest of you will join me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Zegi said...

Good luck finishing some goals!!!

7:36 AM

 
Blogger Jo Raines said...

I'm just so glad I'm not the only one. I normally don't make New Year's resolutions because I'm just setting myself up for guilt and disappointment in myself but this year I resolved to get some of my UFO's finished and get more done overall. I'm doing pretty well with that so far but we'll see.

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Greenmare said...

yes yes go get a new cord for your camera, then when you get home you will find the old one and have a spare and we can see more of your lovely quilts - and kids and dogs and other fun stuff. but no snow okay? I see too much of that now!

5:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home