Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Some New Fun Things!

I've been talking with other quilters who attended either the MQX show on the east coast this week or the International Quilt Festival in Chicago. Both were AWESOME shows and some really neat things came to life there. One of them is this new rotary cutter lite by Clover.

At only $7.95, it attaches neatly to your rotary cutter and gives you that extra little burst of light right where you really need it. Being the smart-ie that I am, I would say first off, you are TRULY a dedicated quilter if you are cutting fabric in the dark. However, as the aging process sets in even for me, I have found that I just can't have enough light to be able to see anymore. My hubby constantly complains that I have every light on in the house!!!

Another neat product that came out recently (I'm sure it was being sold at the Chicago show) is this new yo-yo maker. I've never made yo-yos, but I've thought about it alot!! I always think that whipping a few of them up here and there would be easy and soon, I'd have more than I would know what to do with! This has gotten great reviews online. It looks like this:

And using one gets you this:

What fun!! BTW, the above pictures were borrowed from The Quilter's Buzz. The actual link to the yo yo maker (with a review by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs) is here.

And I tell you, Clover is really on a roll...

PamKittyMorning (LOVE this gal!) talks about another new Clover product, the PomPom Maker. Who'd a thunk it?? It sounds like so much fun!!

One other really cute thing...two years ago before Christmas, my friend Marilyn taught me how to crochet those fuzzy scarves. That's the ONLY thing I know how to crochet!! LOL Anyway, they've been talking on the Pat Sloan group about these really cute little crocheted buttons.



I can think of TONS of things they could be used to embellish!! Now I think I'll have to learn how to do it... Sherry has a tutorial on her blog here.


And as if I don't have enough other things to do...my birthday is coming up on Monday and I think I might have to go shopping!!!!!!


Speaking of birthdays, my little used-to-be redheaded baby is going to turn 3 on Saturday.

Yesterday, I took her shopping to get some decorations, etc. and it all had to be Hello Kitty, of course! She will look so cute with her little birthday tiara on! I'll share pics from the party later on.


AND speaking of shopping...hop on over to EBay to check out this week's Quilt Pink Auctions. Some members of Pat Sloan's group made this one.



Bid and win! You get an awesome quilt and you can feel great about your $$ going to a wonderful cause!

'Til Tomorrow...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger SuBee said...

Omigosh - I gotta have it! LOL -- the rotary light is something I've been wishing for; and "YAAA", someone actually did it!
Happy Birthday Baby - what a dolly!

10:38 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That light on a rotary cutter would be great for me! Even during the day, I don't feel that I have enough light in my sewing room. (Which the lighting in here is horrible anyway!)

I read your post about house hunting. Keep after it! It took my husband and I two and a half years to find our house! It was the 13th one we looked at! lol! It was hard finding an old home with four large bedrooms and all of the original woodwork. What a chore!

Hopefully soon I will be posting pictures on my other blog about our updating. We are starting on landscaping this week-end. (If it doesn't rain too much! Ain't Iowa grand?)

10:44 PM

 
Blogger QuiltNut Creations said...

i love the rotary light! must find one

11:21 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

those look like some fun toys! I've been curious about that yoyo maker...

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Susan said...

The light is a good idea. Sometimes I find myself cutting on the ruler instead of the fabric! Your daughter is darling!

10:03 PM

 
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh, Shannon, I made one of those reel blocks!!

I wish I knew who won the quilt!

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home