Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Bargain of the Day!!





Yesterday, my SIL and I went shopping and, of course, we love to hit the consignment/Goodwill stores along the way. I just couldn't believe my eyes when I found this beauty in one of them for only $25. It immediately went to the front of the store with my name on it! I love the intricacy of the woodwork and the wheels are a Mariner's Compass pattern (my favorite!). My step-father was an excellent woodworker and I have all kinds of "quilted" tables in my house that he made before he passed away. This will fit in nicely. I'm going to use it in my office as a place to store fabric bolts, I think. Would anyone know what its original purpose would have been? The top has two trays (you can see the handles for them in the top picture), and then inside is really roomy with that little place with the holes. Can't for the life of me figure out what that would have been used for. Anyway, it's about 4' long and 18" wide. Parts of it break down for storage. It could use some cleaning up, and maybe a coat of poly to make it shine...but I think it's WONDERFUL (my hubby thinks I'm crazy!!)!!

In other news, it looks like we will be moving. I'm going to start looking at other acreages this week and see what's out there for what price. There's one that I've had my eye on for quite a while now, but when I called the real estate agent this morning to see about it, she told me it needed a lot of work. We aren't opposed to that ~ actually, we'd rather buy something that way so we can fix it ourselves like we want it. But they want an OUTRAGEOUS price for it...and I do mean outrageous. $175k. Whew!! For our area, it had better be a mansion and have new EVERYTHING for it to be that much. I'm going to look at it anyway...but now I know why it hasn't sold yet. Most acreages around here sell for $80 - $100 so we're looking for something in that range or less if we have to fix it. We'll see what happens!! We won't have to move right away (we know we have at least until March of '08 to live here if we want) but knowing that we have to move gives us the chance to 'leisurely' look for something instead of being forced to buy something just because we have to have a place to live. Of course, all of this happens (what a LONG story!) AFTER my hubby takes a new job that began on January 1st. UGH. If we'd known then what we know now, he maybe wouldn't have taken that job and we'd have looked at moving away from here.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! Looks like we're setting up for another big snowstorm here tonight and tomorrow...they're predicting another 6" - 8"!! And Miss Austyn is getting baptized at church here tomorrow morning. It could just be us and the pastor!! LOL

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I can't see anything but 4 white lines, like stripes on the highway. =(

10:22 PM

 
Blogger SuBee said...

WOW -- I sure like the real estate prices in your neck 'o the woods!! Here in CA a little 2 bdrm 2 ba in town, (read litle yard!) goes for the high 300Ks. Feel better now?

7:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home