Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Monday, January 15, 2007

Another New Idea...

Usually, I'm a pretty savvy shopper, and I love to hit the consignment stores and places like Goodwill. Last week, I took a day for myself and went shopping in the city. For those of you locals, the east side Goodwill has built a brand new building and it is WONDERFUL. I always loved the east side one because it was so clean and you could find anything without having to wade through piles and piles of stuff. Anyway, I found five cards of these button covers. Aren't they cute? They were considered Christmas so I got them for 75% off which was... are you ready for this...a quarter a card!!! They're Hallmark so I'm sure they cost a pretty penny brand new. The first thing that came to mind was putting them in a quilt somehow...and the more I thought about it, the more I thought about how absolutely adorable a snowman quilt would be with these for the embellishments!!! I have 10 sets so I could make 10 blocks with one snowman each doing a different wintertime activity. Not like I need any new projects, but just couldn't pass up this little bargain. The other really neat thing I found that day was a watercolor painting all about quilting...it has pins and needles, a rotary cutter, applique, quilting, etc. I'm going to hang it up in my studio when it's finished. I'll have to take a pic and post that, too.

Speaking of the studio, I started cleaning it tonight. It's going to take me a couple of weeks, but should work out rather well as the girls and I are planning a trip to Minneapolis sometime in February or March to go to IKEA. They have some really nice storage units that I'm going to get for my newly redone space. No use going to get them, tho, until they're ready to go in. I'll try and find some links to what I'm getting so those of you who are also thinking about purging, reorganizing or just plain setting up a space can get some ideas.

Have a great week! I'll have more pics to post later...

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Just got through prowling through your blog--just great! Love that sweatshirt jacket with the cardinals, the PS purse you made, those buttons you found are wonderful! And COPPER...love those wienie dogs...I have 2 black/tan short-haired "boys" who allow us to live with them so we can feed them and snuggle with them. LOL
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

10:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home