Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Saturday, September 15, 2007

WOW!!! It's September already!

Hello Everyone!

Hope your summer was great...it's good to be getting back into a routine with the kids back in school.

Still no quilting going on around here with the exception of a few small projects...I found the neatest fabric on clearance at JoAnn Fabrics last week. It has a black background with big, colorful, funky flowers all over it. I'm going to make a purse and needlepunch one of the flowers on the front. If it turns out, I'll probably be making a couple more for Christmas gifts.

It's also official ~ Treasured Threads has gone "live" with a temporary website of its own. You can visit here. Lots of pictures up of all of the current patterns we carry. Exciting things are happening! Check back often!

I'm getting ready to head to Market in Houston in October. It will be an exciting time to catch up with all of the new things that are happening in the quilting world! I'll keep you all updated.

Since I've been so slow at getting anything done with my LONG list of current projects, I'm putting a challenge out there to all of you in blog-land! Starting in October, I'd like to see us pick a current project for the month and MAKE PROGRESS on it. Finish piecing it, start quilting, put on a binding, etc. It doesn't have to be the entire set of steps to get it to completion ~ it can just be one ~ but something that will move you a step forward. If you're interested, let me know! I'm intending to make a list of my UFOs, WIPs and WD (wanna-dos) here soon. I'll update on the sideline of my blog when I have it ready to go.

Enjoy this beautiful weather we've been having!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tina J. said...

Hey, I just happened to look at your blog this morning, hoping you'd update soon. July is too long, girly!
Alrighty, I accept your challenge too---(although I was going to do this in October anyway) But now that it's a challenge, I INTEND TO DO IT, BABY!
My first quilt, Miranda, is currently at the long arm quilter lady's shop and will be ready in 2 weeks to come home. So, just in time for me to put the binding on for your challenge and MY FIRST QUILT WILL BE DONE!!!! I can't wait.

Tina

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Shannon, I had previously seen your comments on the Australian designers and only late this summer discovered them myself. Are you selling their 'wares' on this side of the ocean?? I especially would like to try something of Anni Downs (Hatched and Patched) but haven't taken the plunge to order from down under.

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Shannon
I had seen your previous comments about australian designers but only late this summer did I catch the bug. I love to view their stuff and read their blogs. I am especially anxious to try one of Anni Downs' (Hatched and Patched) books. ARe you selling their wares on this side of the world???

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

Hi Lisa! Yes, you can purchase the Australian patterns right here in the US. See my business blog at http://treasuredthreads . typepad.com (remove spaces)

:)

Shannon

2:06 PM

 
Blogger Tamera said...

Shannon,

I was looking at your profile and WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON! LOL

I have four children about the ages of your children. We have indoor and outdoor cats (no dogs, though) and we live on a farm in the middle of nowhere!

And, I LOVE quilting!

I'm excited about your challenge. I'm working on getting 10 charity quilts done before guild meeting on October 13, but after that, I'm going to get a list together as well!

I'm with ya, girl!

5:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home