Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Monday, March 27, 2006

Here's To a Great Week!

Started off yesterday early (before 8am on a Sunday is EARLY to me!). Had some nice quiet time to myself before everyone else rolled out of bed so that I could check my email, pick up a little bit and get ready for my class in Ames. Took the kids to Jim's parent's house and met Sharon at Casey's. We rode over together and discovered when we got there that the store *wasn't* open to the public on Sundays (hence our idea to get there early and do a little shopping) so we ended up going to JF for a little while instead.

Class was great - there were THREE women named "Sharon" there plus me so it was quite comical. There were only a total of 6 in the class altogether which I think makes for a really nice size. You can chat and not worry about leaving anyone out, have room to spread out your stuff and just generally have a good time. I got the third row (out of 4 1/2) sewed on to my chain and almost two blocks out of the fourth row completed. I'm hoping to have time to work on it a little bit this week but I'm not too hopeful. I've got a busy week ahead! It would be nice to go next week and be ready to put the borders on, tho. WOOHOO! That means I would be able (almost) to knock one thing off my WIP list!

Today is a "working" day at home cleaning up following the weekend. I hate Mondays!! LOL I have a bunch of errands to run, too. Speaking of which ~ here's the weekly funny. Yesterday, before I left, I KNEW we were getting really low on toilet paper and I was going to make sure and stop to get some before I came home. Well, I lost my thought and forgot. Last night...you guessed it! Major emergency in our household as there is no TP and no kleenex. What to do, what to do?!?! So I called the neighbors and asked to have some of theirs (not borrow...ewww!!!LOL). Jim was SO appalled. He says he'll never live that down!! Hey...you gotta do what you gotta do. LOL

Tonight I'm off to take Winks to his first night of soccer practice (if it quits raining) and then to a sewing session to make pillowcases for the troops. A friend of mine's SIL is leaving for Iraq tomorrow and she'd like to get 50 of them done tonight. I'm hopeful that we'll have enough help to pull it off!

Tomorrow, Sharon, Barb and I are heading to the DMAQG meeting to listen to Linda Jenkins speak. Should be a really fun day out. I hope Sharon gets to go -she got a letter to be called in for jury duty tomorrow...but hopefully it will settle today and she won't have to attend.

Wednesday and Thursday are "home days" so I can get stuff prepared since I'm going to be gone this weekend. Barb, Sharon and I are leaving on Friday for the weekend meeting of the IIQSG then home again on Saturday night.

Better go get started so I can say I accomplished something this week!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

LOL @ the toilet paper! Sounds like you have a busy week ahead!!

8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home