Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

Wow! It's supposed to get somewhere near 60 today. Spring is finally on its way! Woke up this morning to a clear blue sky and plenty of sunshine!

Yesterday, Barb and I went to DM for a little shopping and a great lecture by Linda Jenkins from Piece O' Cake Designs. It was about how your quilting (and quilting design) make the quilt. She had an awesome slide show including some of their very first quilts (and what NOT to do) and had some really great samples hanging. I spoke with her briefly about their book, "Stars in the Garden" that's no longer available and asked her if she realized it was selling for big $$ on Ebay and the like. She laughed and said, yes they knew it, and I surely didn't pay that much for my copy!!! No, I didn't. But they've now republished the pattern in actual pattern form as opposed to a reprint of the book...and she said Fairfield is going to be using it in their print ads! How exciting!

I did get most of the fabrics purchased for Gage's baby quilt and hope to get started on that sometime in the next couple of weeks. I think it's really going to turn out cute with the Peek-a-Boo pattern I've selected! I didn't buy the border fabric yet ~ because I think it's going to be the hardest part to choose ~ but we'll deal with that once I get the top put together :) I need to get the fabrics washed and pressed today so they're ready to go.

Unfortunately, Sharon didn't get to go with us yesterday since she not only got called in for jury duty, she got PICKED, too!!! I hope it's a quick trial...I would hate for her to miss going with us this weekend.

Speaking of today...lots on the plate again, as usual. I have got to get my checkbook figured before the weekend, clothes to put away, laundry to do and general picking up. I'd like to find some time this afternoon to work on my Triple Irish Chain...but we'll see how productive of a morning I end up having!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home