Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Friday, April 07, 2006

Yay! A Great Day Yesterday!

It ended up being a very productive day yesterday. I actually arrived at CCQ before 10am (which is unusual for me) but I knew there was so much stuff I wanted to get done...

I took the things that I'd gotten in Kalona to share with the others and then did a quick lesson review with Mikki on paper piecing. It was easier than I remembered doing previously...the hardest part is just trying to remember that you have to flip your fabric after it's sewn to cover the numbered space that it's supposed to go in. :) I have two two paper piecing patterns that I'm going to try and get at least one of them done before the quilt show next fall...just as soon as I knock some other stuff off my ongoing list.

Speaking of which ~ I worked on my TICC yesterday. I did finally get the pattern revamped and the three additional blocks built for the top. I did get them sewn together but I didn't get them sewn on the quilt. I could see what it will look like anyway and I am going to LOVE it with the changes. Now to just get the bed measured upstairs and the two vertical rows added to the sides to increase the size to king...and we'll be all set to put the borders on. I'm hoping to clean the house up this morning and have some additional time to work on it this afternoon while Afton's taking a nap.

Pat couldn't make it down yesterday so I didn't give her the Wizard of Oz quilt. Probably a good thing since I don't have the borders on it yet. I could have done it yesterday (and had plans to if she'd been there) but I didn't even get it out and work on it since she couldn't come.

Guess that's about it for today...I'm hoping to have some free time over the weekend to take Wyatt shopping...he needs pants SO bad (although I did find out that G'Ma Kathy has some at her house) and he needs a haircut pretty badly, too. It's supposed to be gorgeous outside again with no rain on Sunday so I might plan a "picnic" type menu for dinner and we'll barbeque before Jim gets too busy in the field...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, I had to stop reading your other thread until I stop laughing so hard. The catbox next to her chair did me in....I think I'd change the locks, too, at this point. OMG. Hugs, sweetie...this, too, shall pass.

7:32 AM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

Whoops!! Yep, you left it on the wrong blog!!! LOL

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home