Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Terrible TWOs are Beginning...LOL

So Saturday, I took Wyatt and Afton with me to DSM while Wink spent the day with Daddy drilling oats. Wyatt was in need of a haircut and new pants. We did the haircut first and it was, of course, super busy so it took longer than I expected. I should have known how my day was going to go right then and there! Afton was into the suckers and the magazines and just would NOT sit still...the little stinker!! I even tried "locking" her in her stroller but then she just wanted to cry...so I spent the time we had there trying to talk to Wyatt and his stylist and chase her around the store. UGH!

We headed out to a couple of shops after that to find Wyatt some new jeans. She was very good at both places until it came time to leave. And she is SO into babies right now and they were, of course, out in full force on Saturday, too. It's hard to convince her that all babies don't belong to her and she can't touch each and every one she sees!!! The funny part about that is...we went to visit some friends with a newborn on Monday night this week...and she barely paid any attention to their baby...even though I was holding him!!! I asked her if she was going to "love on" our new little baby when she got here and she gave me a resounding "NO"!!! LOL I'd finally had enough on Saturday that we just drove around until she fell asleep and then drove around some more for about 30 minutes so she could get in a little nap. Naps work miracles!!! LOL Our last stop was Target and I knew it was going to be a long one with the list of things I had to pick up...she was pretty much an angel while we were there. Sometimes she can be so funny!!

I love how her vocabulary is increasing every day and the way she expresses herself is SO cute!! Yesterday, while we were in the car, Wink and I were playing the "slug bug" game...if you see a VW bug, you yell "Slug Bug" and then you can smack the person in the car with you unless they see it too and yell "Safety". Wink got me a couple of times until I started paying more attention and when I yelled "Safety", Afton started saying it, too. And then she has the most wonderful giggle...

On Sunday morning, my dad called and wanted to see the kids so Wink and Afton went to his house to play for the afternoon. Wyatt spent the day with Daddy drilling oats again. I'm proud to say that I spent the afternoon quilting and got Gage's Peek-a-Boo quilt about 1/2 finished!! It is turning out so cute... but I ran out of blue thread so will have to pick some up at the quilt shop when I'm in Des Moines today. I'm heading down to have my summer pedicure (started wearing my sandals yesterday!) and have my hair cut and permed. I hope it lasts longer this time!!!
The rest of the week is busy as well...Wyatt has Cubs tomorrow night and then the kids are out of school on Friday and Monday for the Easter holiday. I wish we were going somewhere for the weekend, but the farmers are all starting in the field so Jim probably won't even be home for Sunday dinner. Oh well...such is the life of a farm wife...and early in means early out which is always a good thing...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Cute!!!! We need to get Afton & Olivia together:)

5:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home