Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Friday, July 28, 2006

We Have a Date!!

I had my weekly OB appointment yesterday. Things look good...my GBS test came back negative, clean urine, measuring great, swelling was about the same but my blood pressure was up quite a bit. Not to worry ~ I'm pretty convinced it was just nervousness.

We discussed induction and, although I didn't really expect Barney to agree, we are going in on Monday night to have this baby!! I will be 38 weeks 2 days but she won't be born until late Tuesday night or early Wednesday so I will technically be 38 1/2 weeks by then. Tuesday is 11 days before my actual due date, but I am thinking she is probably about 8# now so that really isn't a concern. And both of my previous pregnancies were induced at 7 - 10 days early due to size (my last baby was 9#5oz)...I like to grow them big and healthy, I guess!! I am HOT, TIRED and just plain worn out and ready to get this over with. Who knew that pregnancy could be so emotionally draining, too? Ever since I had the unexplained bleeding starting at 7 weeks with this one, I have been extremely paranoid and worried about every little thing. Soon, that will be a thing of the past and I'll have this little girl in my arms where she belongs :) I love my kids and I normally love being pregnant...but age and my mother's built-in worrying about every little thing have really gotten to me this time!! LOL There will be NO MORE after this one which is bittersweet...but Jim already has his consultation appointment set up for August 22nd!!

On the quilting front, I have been working on my Round Robin that is due next Thursday. In cutting the borders, I discovered I didn't buy enough fabric (duh!) so had to make due. I'm actually quite proud of myself and my "ingenuity"...I found the most *awesome* Christmas fabric in my stash that matched just perfect...only thing was it was a stripe. I don't really know what to do with stripes which is why it was still in my stash, I'm sure!! Anyway, I decided to make stack-n-whack cornerstones using this fabric even though I've never done a SNW and don't even own any of Bethany's books!! I dug through my quilt book collection and came up with something very, very similar and had a great time figuring it out!! Today, I will get my embroidery traced on and started so I can get the embellishments added on over the weekend. I forgot to take a pic before I started on it, so you will just have wait until I finish to see what it looks like! I already know I am going to love it!! And hope to do more fun stuff like this on my own quilts down the road.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger KC Quilter said...

Woo hoo! Baby on the way. Glad it will soon be over for you. I was wa-a-y pregnant with my first son in the hottest part of one of these midwest summers (way back when) and I KNOW how miserable that can be!!! Best wishes.

4:23 PM

 
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Good luck,Shannon! You'll be in my thoughts!

Jeanne:)

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck for the coming week - I had DD1 in July right at the end of a heatwave - there's definitely a reason that Mother Nature schedules most births in spring - double joy - meeting your new baby and no longer being pregnant in this heat :o)

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home