Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lots of New Things!

Whew! Yet another busy week at our house! We are proud to announce the addition of yet another four-legged family member...Wink got his new mini-dachshund puppy on Monday afternoon. His name is Copper and, while I was *extremely* apprehensive about having a dog in the house, he is doing wonderfully and has only had one minor accident thus far. We are crate training him and the first few nights were full of lots of crying (from both the kids and the dog) but things have calmed down considerably since then. Here is a pic of him playing with his new favorite toy...a stuffed pig that oinks when you squeeze its tummy!

He really is a nice companion and the boys just love him to death! They are always holding him (spoiling him) so he will end up being a lap dog for sure! Wink is already asking if he can sleep in bed with him once he's reliably potty trained. Works for me as long as I don't have messes to clean up!!

In other news, I finished up my RR quilt to exchange at Thursday's CCQ get together. It was another great quilt to work on...all of the girls in my group do such a great job and come up with the most awesome ideas!! I got a new one to work on that's due in six weeks and then will only have one more after that before we get our own back. I can't wait! Here's a pic of the one I just finished:


Now to just come up with something great for the next one!

In other quilt-y news, I feel as though I'm getting farther and farther behind on my list of to-do things... Since my trip to Minnesota was cancelled this weekend, I'm hoping to have time to do some clean-up in my ever-so-messy studio and then get to work! I am about 1/2 done with putting blocks together for the girls' quilt that I started on about a month ago. Sharon went over some applique basics with me on Thursday so now I can start with the leaves on the blocks I do have done.

Pat called this week saying she had my Wizard of Oz baby quilt finished so I need to take time out to go get that sometime next week. I *still* do not have the binding hand-sewn on my friend April's quilt so will have to make that a priority this week, too.

So many things to do and never enough time!!! LOL

On a lighter note, I've been reading a few blogs where the author lists her gratitudes for each day. After the tough day I had with the kids yesterday, I've decided that I'm going to try it to keep myself in a positive perspective. When you're fat, tired, HOT and extremely pregnant...sometimes, it's hard to look at the bright side!

Today's Five Gratitudes

1) My kids and the fact that they're all healthy enough to *want* to kill each other

2) My husband who comes home every night and makes supper, usually without complaint

3) The companionship of our four-legged friends...without my cat, sometimes I think I'd go nutty!

4) As much as I hate to admit it, I am really thankful for the computer...the chance to talk with other like-minded individuals and the extensive information available about ANYTHING

5) A gentle breeze on a really hot day...the kind that makes you think it might just be 10 degrees cooler than it really is :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger KC Quilter said...

That is one bee-you-tee-ful quilt! The design and colors are just perfect.

7:15 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Beautiful quilt and the new puppy is adorable!!!!

9:51 AM

 
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Hi Shannon! I saw your comment about my treadle machine but I can't find a way to email you.
How are things about the baby?
Jeanne :)

8:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home