Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It Never Fails

Just when I have a good thing going...BOOM...something else has to come in and screw it all up!! I had a great time in Minneapolis this past weekend at Market. The fabric line up for Fall is terrible (IMHO)...just not my style. But the talent out there for new patterns and such is absolutely incredible. Hopefully sometime this week, I'll have a chance to post pics of some of the goodies I picked up while there.
Unfortunately, I overdid and knew better. By our arrival home on Sunday evening at 5:30pm, I was pooped. Then we had to attend a graduation reception so it was late before I got to bed. On Monday morning, I couldn't get the baby to move, so I headed down to L & D to get checked out. Five long hours of NST and an ultrasound later, I was headed home. She was fine...I was just a little paranoid and I'm sure she was just a little tired from my over-activity over the weekend. A couple of other good points, tho ~ I did spend Saturday night with my step-dad and great aunt and uncle to celebrate the life of my birthmother as she had died exactly a year before. Then on Sunday, we stopped at IKEA before heading home and it was AWESOME! I found so many neat things I'd like to have when I get really serious about redoing my quilting studio :)
This week seems to be flying by...can't believe tomorrow is already going to be Thursday. I have spent the last three days/nights trying desperately to get caught up and also get my printer fixed. The big job I've been hired to do is due in two weeks and without a printer, I am royally screwed. Jim and I thought we had the problems solved tonight...but to no avail. I think I'm going to have a big bonfire and give it a proper going away...
Anyway, off to bed now for some sleep. My little redhead decided it would be fun to get up at 6:15am this morning which she NEVER EVER does. It's early to rise for me tomorrow to help Wyatt pack his lunch for his school picnic and then try and continue with getting caught up around here. I was hoping I'd get some quilting in this week, too, but the days are flying by...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I finally found the link to your blog through a comment you left me! Yea!

Slow it down, chicky....glad you had fun, but take care of yourself, too. Ttys!

5:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home