Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I've Held Off...

I've been a good girl this week...holding off on any new projects and continuing to work on the RR I absolutely, positively NEED to get done and passed. Finally got all of the 1/2 square triangles sewed, cut, pressed and trimmed last night so it's on to making the last 19 blocks today. I hope to have that done tonight so I can pass it off tomorrow. I'll post pics before it leaves here.

Another neat thing has been going around the quilting blogs so I thought I'd join in once again.

Six Weird Things About Me Hardly Anyone Else Knows

1. I eat all of my food one thing at a time. There isn't a conscientious order to it, although I have noticed that I tend to eat my main entree last. I DO NOT mix my food together except in the event of it being purposely served that way (i.e. chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes). I rarely ever eat dessert.

2. I have this HUGE and I do mean HUGE fear of locusts. My brother used to pluck them off our backyard tree and chase me with them as a child. When the bzz-bzz sound starts in the summer, I stay in the house. One year, when we were first married, Jim brought a shell of one into the house and I cowered in a corner in the living room and screamed and cried until I almost threw up.

3. I always wash my hair first when in the shower and leave the shampoo on until I'm ready to get out. I guess I figure my hair will end up cleaner the longer I leave it on there.

4. The favorite part on my cat is the hair in his ears and I cannot pet him without making a psseeet sound and pulling on it. I would never own a short haired cat that I couldn't do that to.

5. When my mom first died, I refused to have any intimacy with my husband for four months because I was afraid she could see us. (Yeah, I know...it's REALLY a weird thing but she was the first "close" person to me who had ever passed away and I guess the thought of her looking down on us made me feel better in some odd way. Even though it's pretty apparent I'm over that now since I've had three children since then!)

6. I like and have an interest in WAY too many things...I think I could go to college and be a professional student because I could stand to major in about 10 other things right off the top of my list. No wonder I'm a SAHM...I could never make up my mind what type of job was right for me...everything became boring after about six months!

Guess that's about it. It was a fun exercise but it took some thinking!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home