Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ever Get That URGE...

to start something new?!?! LOL That's where I'm at this week. I'm not necessarily bored with the projects I've been working on...it just seems as though I've been working on them so much lately, that I'm tired of looking at them. Hmph. Maybe that's why I have so many things in my WIP pile!!!!

Anyway...I've been working diligently on my Round Robin since it was actually due Thursday this week (blush)...and I'm still not finished. I ran out of fabrics on Friday so had to make a quick (?!) run to the Quilt Shop to pick up some more. Here is what it looked like when I got it...








And this is what my first finished border looks like...








And here's a close-up of two of the blocks:



It was really a DUH moment for me after I started on it. GREAT idea...but the brain just didn't register how many of those little 1/2 square triangles I was going to have to make.

Anyway...back to my urge :) So while I'm at the quilt shop picking up the remainder of what I need for this RR project...I start looking around (always a bad idea when you're in a hurry!) and what do I find? This fabric:

I already have 4 or 5 yards of it at home...originally purchased with the intention of making Baby A's quilt from it as soon as it was confirmed that Baby A was really a girl :) Had no idea on pattern at the time...just bought it because it yelled at me from across the store!!! All of a sudden on Friday, the light bulb turned on and it must have been about a 500 watt one...I could see the pattern in my head and knew exactly what I wanted to go with this fabric. So here is the pattern I'm going to use:











And here are the fabrics I bought to go with the yellow print:



Luscious, aren't they!?!? I think I need chocolate to fulfill the craving! I just want to push everything else aside and start on this one NOW!!! LOL


On the bright side...at CCQ this week, I did get the borders rip-it, rip-it off of the baby size Wizard of Oz quilt and also got two other projects organized and ready to go. One was a set of blocks that my friend Mikki gave me...after she bought the fabrics, she figured out that she didn't really like them. Most of the blocks are already done...I think I'm going to split them out and make tablerunners for Christmas gifts this year. Then the other project is a derivative of a project I started last year (another with 1/2 square triangles!)...I sewed the wrong two fabrics together for the quilt design I was doing...so now have enough of those blocks to make another quilt! Decided on a block design and made those into sets. Not sure when I'll get time to put that together...but at least it's started :)

I'm off to ignore what's truly calling me and work on finishing up my RR. I have the new one to work on now, too ~ I'll have to post pics of it soon. It's gorgeous done up in 30's prints.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I'm so jealous of your talent! :) How did you get started quilting?

12:21 PM

 
Blogger Shannon said...

I have been doing it for so long, I can't really remember what pushed me into it!! I started sewing in 4H when I was in junior high and the love of needle and thread never left me...I just moved out of the clothes-making mode, I guess. I've been quilting since 1991 and "seriously" quilting since 1998. :)

4:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home