Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Hate Clutter!!!

As much as I try to avoid making it, there's no doubt that clutter has made its home inside my house. It seems as though paper is the biggest thing that I can't seem to control...bills, magazines, mail, kids' school work, clippings, recipes, etc. I really, really need to learn to look at it once and then do something with it. Instead, it piles on my table in the kitchen until I think I can *find* the time...which never comes. And then it gets overwhelming and all I can do is look at it and sigh.

That's where I'm at today. The boys get out of school early and have tomorrow and Monday off for Easter/spring break so I am hoping to have at least two out of the next four days to DEclutter as much as I can. They really do a great job keeping Afton entertained and it would be really nice to get some of this stuff out of here so I can do some deep spring cleaning. Her birthday is next weekend...so I'm going to have to do something with the mess that I have...may as well be to get rid of it as opposed to just moving it around.

Unfortunately, this means no quilting for me...I know it is going to take ALOT longer than the time I have allotted myself so I may as well not even give myself any false hopes of getting anything else done and just focus on the task at hand. If I were really brave (not sure that I am...LOL), I would post some before and after pictures as encouragement. Actually, I may do that for my office portion since it would be really nice to see how it is through a photograph since it has just turned into a H-U-G-E junk pile and has been that way for quite some time. It is really a downer to come in here and work every day when I can't find anything!!

On the upside, I will post some pics of the current projects I've been working on as a little eye candy...just as soon as the batteries for my camera recharge!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home