Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Friday, April 21, 2006

Little Did I Know...

when I wrote that last post just exactly how sad of a week it was going to be. On Tuesday, our beagle dog, Lucky, was hit by a car on the pavement just south of our house. Wink was in the tractor with Daddy planting corn and saw the whole thing happen :( We're pretty sure he was killed instantly from the sheer force of the vehicle so at least he didn't suffer. The poor girl who hit him pulled over and was crying so hard she could hardly see. We told her it wasn't her fault...We held a funeral for him in the afternoon when Wyatt got home from school.

Wednesday was my 24 week check-up at the OB. Things are fine...heartrate is good and I haven't had any out-of-the-ordinary problems this month so that's a relief. I am thankful for each day of this pregnancy, but I sure wish the time to have her would come so I could hold her in my arms and make sure she's okay. We're still undecided on a name...I told Jim the other night I really liked Austin and it fits all of my criteria (two syllables, doesn't end in an "e" sound), but it's traditionally a boy name (at least in our area). He liked it, too ~ but not sure if we want to go there. Addison is still my #1 choice right now.

Attended a small group of CCQ yesterday...and did something I shouldn't have. I made homemade Olive Garden salad dressing and the recipe called for raw egg. EGADS! Why do I do these things to myself?!?!? I didn't even think about it...made it up, used it on the salad and ate it. Can you spell S-A-L-M-O-N-E-L-L-A??!?!?! LOL I had a panic moment last night and had to call Barney for reassurance. He said not to worry...the risk is SO low...but if I start feeling sick to come in and see him. I looked up some info on the internet (my downfall of scaring myself to death) and found that symptoms usually onset anywhere from 6 - 48 hours afterward so I figure if I get to Sunday afternoon and am still fine, the risk has passed. BUT ...I definitely won't be that stupid again. Anyway, Mikki cleaned out her scrap bin so I came home with a BUNCH of blocks and stuff that I'm going to try and sort out today sometime.

I have a house to clean and stuff to prepare for tomorrow...my baby turned 2 TODAY!! And we're having a small family gathering for her tomorrow. I just can't handle a big blow-out like we're used to doing...I'm too fat and pregnant for that. So we're having a simple meal with cake and ice cream. She'll still have a good time.

I'm off to get started. Have to get most of my stuff done up today since ~ with travel time ~ I'll be gone most of the morning/early afternoon to Jim T.'s memorial service tomorrow. On that sad note, I did find out earlier this week that he did take his own life...something I had feared was probably the truth. Even with an education in your field and loving the job that you do...it's much easier to solve other people's problems than it is to solve your own :(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home