Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Friday, April 14, 2006

I Said I Would...

post some pics of a couple of my recent projects so here they are...





One that I had forgotten about but was definitely in my UFO pile was the "Quilt Shop" bag I started for a friend about three years ago. I am *so* stubborn that I got to the point of sewing the liner to the bag, didn't like the directions, and put it away in my WIP pile. DUH!! I really felt like a schlum when I finally finished it and sent it to her. It was my first effort at embroidery, tho ~ and I think it turned out pretty cute!

Then I did the next block for the Round Robin that some of the members of CCQ are doing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mariner's Compasses and just HAD to try this technique. You can't see it in the photograph, but it's a folded, three dimensional technique by Cheryl Phillips. She has alot of neat projects in the book and I hope to be able to put together a three dimensional Dresden Plate quilt from her book for the quilt show next year. It wasn't as hard as I thought and I didn't really mind using the templates since they came with the pattern and I didn't have to make my own.

I also promised I would post pictures of my office as a way to motivate myself to get it cleaned up. So ~ here I am ~ admitting my messiness and my let-it-get-way-out-of-hand-so-do-nothing-at-all attitude...

Whoops! Blogger doesn't want to let me post those right now...I've tried twice and it says "ok", but they aren't showing up so I'll have to try again later.

I am happy to report that I cleaned out all of my billing files and shredded the stuff from 2004 then filed my HUGE file pile of stuff from the last six months. Now to just be able to see the top of my desk again...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home