Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Decluttering is ON!

So far, this week has been extremely productive...
1) I've cleaned out all of the kids' rooms of any clothing that they either won't wear or is too small.
2) I've cleaned out our own closet of clothes that we either don't (won't) wear or are too small.
3) I've organized said clothes into piles of consignment or Goodwill.
4) I've delivered to consignment and Goodwill.
5) Brought back home the consignment "rejections" and posted them to my local Freecycle group.
6) I've cleaned out the kids' toy room and posted a HUGE bunch of videos on Freecycle and expect to continue with the toy downsizing today.
7) I'm giving the remaining Freecycle items on my list until the weekend...then I'm posting to a bigger group and expect to get rid of everything by early next week. (Yeah!)
8) I ordered the new drawers to put the baby clothes in and have sorted through them also. I will need to go back and resize once the drawers get here, but it could be a couple of weeks.
9) The most disappointing thing to my week??? Unfortunately, I haven't done ANY quilting this week and I am getting ITCHY ~ ITCHY ~ ITCHY!!!!!!!
10) My one bad moment...at the expense of all of the decluttering going on around here, I've let my clean kitchen and living room "go to pot" so to speak so will spend today picking up, sweeping and vaccuming them.


**STILL on my To-Do List**

1) Declutter the kitchen. I KNOW there is a TON of stuff I could get rid of out of my cupboards.
2) Clean the ceiling fan in the kitchen and the lights in the kitchen, dining room and bathroom.
3) Sweep and scrub the bathroom floor. Declutter the bathroom closet.
4) Clean off the tops of my built-in cabinets and declutter.
5) Open up all of the windows and put the finish coat on my remaining built-in cabinet so I can get the glass put in the doors and my dishes put away.
6) Go to Ace and pick out the new paint for Afton and baby's room. Then it's on to cleaning out her room of the furniture that's in there, removing the old border, priming and then painting!! Need to really get a handle on this before I get any more preggers.
Guess that's about it...I'm off to see what I can get done this morning and then I think I'm going to sit down this afternoon ~ irregardless ~ and get some quilting time in!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home