Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Friday, May 19, 2006

To Market, To Market...Jiggity Jig

Lots of exciting things have been happening here this week. I had my regular OB appointment on Tuesday with Barney and everything looks good "for an old lady". LOL Baby's heartrate was still great and I haven't had any major complaints except for this wonderful cold I seem to have picked up with the weather change. I start going every three weeks now which can only mean that D Day is that much closer!!
I also stopped into a new quilt shop while in DSM..."The Quilt Express" on the west side. Very nice shop for just getting going, lots of fabrics, books and patterns. And they are selling Viking machines. It's a sister store to one of my other favorites, The Quilt Junction, so I even got to visit with a gal I used to work with! They had the new edition of Quilt Sampler so I picked one of those up while there and found some really cute 30's FQs to make Sharon's purse from.
When I got home, my Amazon.com book order had arrived! I have been trying to order, without success, the Lois Hallock "Organizing Your Perfect Sewing Space" book for months now but it's always out of stock. With a special deal I had through Amazon, I ordered not one, but TWO copies of it and only paid $4 including shipping. What a deal!!! Now to just convince the hubby to "redo" my quilting studio yet AGAIN.
Yesterday was my bi-monthly meeting with CCQ. We had a great time, as always. I passed off my now-completed Wizard of Oz quilt top to Pat for her to quilt and also got the binding machine sewn onto my friend April's quilt (another LONG overdue project!). I also got the pieces cut for my new Cindy Taylor Oates inspired duffle bag that I want to get done before my trip to MN in June.
Last night, we traveled to Omaha to pick up J's new truck. I am SO excited for him. He found it on EBay about a week ago and we waited patiently for the auction to end and ~ luckily ~ ended up with the winning bid. It was everything the owner said it was + more. The really great thing is we ended up paying about $7k less than retail book value on it, so it was a deal, too!!! It's old by today's standard (a 2000) but it only has 51,000 miles on it and it's red (J's favorite color) and BIG. Extended cab, diesel, four door with a short box. It's really pretty. I am SO glad he finally got something for himself. He works so hard (which I unfortunately sometimes fail to openly appreciate) and it's about time he has something besides his farm truck to drive around. I'll see if I can post pics of it soon.
Then my friend Jennifer and I were talking about International Quilt Market (which is in Minneapolis this year) and ~ even though I had hoped to go ~ had not made any formal plans. As luck would have it, her hubby didn't really want to go, so we made plans to go together. We're leaving this morning about 10am so I'd better go finish packing and get ready! There are going to be SO many really, really neat things about Market and I am very, very excited. :)
Whew! I've been on a wonderful roll this week!!! LOL

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home