Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Friday, May 12, 2006

384...Is That All?!?!?

I finally did it! I finally finished up my long-overdue Round Robin and passed it along last night. Aahhh...the smell of sweet success. The only disappointing thing is I got to thinking about how many pieces were in it...hmm...24 blocks each with 16 half-square triangle blocks...384 blocks or 768 individual pieces of fabric. IS THAT IT?!?!? Why in the heck did it seem like a never ending project?!?! LOL I would have expected the number to be up in the thousands for as long as it took me!!!!
Well...it is great to get it moving on to a new home anyway... Here's a pic of my completed round:




Now to move onto the next one. I swear I am NOT going to procrastinate this time around!!! And I already have in mind what to do for it so I hope to start working on it (and maybe get it finished!!) this weekend.

And it's time to move on to other projects of my own. I think one of the first things I'm going to do is get the borders cut and sewn on my baby Wizard of Oz quilt. It's something so simple...I just need to get it done and off my list. Although those fabrics I posted the other day are STILL desperately calling my name...

A couple of days this week, I've spent working on new Barn Quilt projects for the summer...we have two currently in progress and another five that have been confirmed. I need to get the new block list out so potential owners can get their choice made and get my printer put back together to be prepared for the big t-shirt order (200+) the committee placed last night. The shirts are going to be really nice and everyone loved the design we're going to use. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to get some ready for the bus tour that's coming in on the 24th of this month. The majority of them need to be ready to go by the 8th of June.

Tonight I'm off to mark out and start painting one of the barn quilts we have primed and the base white coat on. It is a pattern called Country Roads and we'll be doing it up in grass green, grey and black. It will really be nice when it's done and a different color scheme than what we've used before.

Not much else on the agenda for the weekend...so I'm hoping to get alot of things caught up. We'll see how I do!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home