Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Monday, June 05, 2006

Whew! It's been B-U-S-Y!!!

I can't believe I've let so much time go by since the last time I posted. On one hand, this pregnancy seems to be moving so S-L-O-W...but on the other hand, weeks go by and I wonder where the time went!

A week ago this past Thursday found me in the hospital again...this time for swelling issues. It was just my ankles when I woke up that morning (not unusual for being 28 weeks pregnant at the time) but by noon, my hands and face had joined in the party. A phone call to my OB's office sent me to the hospital to be checked out once again. Testing for pre-eclampsia came back negative but the Fetal Fibronectin test that they did came back positive for pre-term labor. Saw my OB the following Tuesday to find out what I should do...he's so laid back that we're doing N-O-T-H-I-N-G...N-A-D-A...Z-I-P. Go to the hospital if my water breaks or I start bleeding or I start having timeable contractions. blah.blah.blah. I also found out there is a high rate of false-positives for that test which, I figure, is why he is not worried. After all, it took a Pitocin jump-start and close to or more than 24 hours to have my three other kids...why in the world would this one think she should make an early appearance?!?! LOL Anyway, the test is only good for a two-week period of time...so I figure if I don't go into labor by Thursday this week...all is well. :)
On the quilting homefront...I've been working like a madwoman on a new quilt (I know, I know, shame on me). I picked the pattern up at Market and absolutely LOVE it!! It will go in the girls' room when it's finished. I chose a yellow background floral print that I've had in my stash for the past five years as the focus fabric and it is Gorgeous!! I'll post pics soon. I'm really putting it together because it has some simple applique and 1) I figure if I DO end up on bedrest due to problems...I need something to do and 2) the applique is minimal and the same shape over and over again so it will be simple to learn and easy to practice with for more complicated designs down the road.
Unfortunately, starting a new project means that I didn't get my May Goal List completed...but I'm not stressing and moving those to June. Some of them may be moved even further back since my trip to Minnesota this month had to be cancelled...BOO HOO... Barney says no travel further than an hour and a half to two hours from the hospital considering all that has been going on. While I understand and agree with that...it's still very disappointing as Sharon and I have been planning this trip since LAST summer after we had such a great time!!
I have accomplished much more on my "home" to-do list...last week, the kids and I spent a day cleaning out Miss A's room and getting it ready for Baby A. Everything has been rearranged and Baby A's clothes are all washed up and ready to go. Then we spent a day and a half on the boys' room...sorting their books (can't believe how many duplicate copies of stuff they had!), rearranging their closet, getting rid of stuff and switching their beds. Will has been complaining for MONTHS about getting the top bunk so we finally made the change (much to Wyatt's disappointment). We are going to try a six month on - six month off arrangement. Hmph. We'll see how that goes!! We also cleaned out the remaining storage stuff from the hallway and either pitched/put it away. Ah...the feeling of success!! Now we just have our bedroom to finish up there and it will be all done! I'm putting it off until next week, tho ~ too many other things this week to do.
Speaking of which...the t-shirts for the Barn Quilts will be ready for this weekend's BTF celebration. I'm starting to put them together this afternoon and hope they go quickly. I'm really in the mood to quilt and would like to get more of that done this week, too.
Well, off to re-prioritize my June goals, change the laundry around and get the kids out of bed. Need to get the day "officially" started!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home