Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Finally! Some Progress!!

Well, I buckled down and finally got the binding done on my friend April's quilt. I've attached a picture of it for your review :) Each of our book club members signed a block and then the remaining blocks are filled with inspirational sayings and quotes. In the middle is a copy of a picture that April painted of an old gravel road with the saying "The Road of Life is Smoother When Traveled with a Friend" in the block next to it. April was supposed to have moved across the state this past summer since her hubby had taken a job there. However, they couldn't get their house sold, so she and the four youngest children decided to stay for another two years until the now oldest in the household graduates from high school. I have to say that we (the book club) were NOT disappointed that she wouldn't be leaving!! But we'd already discussed/purchased/began on the quilt project so we did it anyway and when she finally DOES end up moving, she will have it as a rememberance of us.


The book club girls and I also attended the grand opening last night of Beaverdale Books, a store owned by another friend in my book club. This is the realization of her dream and it is very, very nice. They have it set up with reading areas and the shelves are not all spines like you see in a library or the big chain book stores. The marketing ideas they have done are just great! She also stenciled quotes from famous authors all around the top of the walls. We wish her GREAT success!! I know she'll do well.

In other quilt-y news, CCQ threw a baby shower for me on Thursday this past week. They bought me the Fisher Price portable swing I'd been wanting and then...best of all...they made me (hmph, me...it's for Baby A) a signature quilt!! It's awesome! Each member signed their name and then embroidered it, one member pieced it, one quilted it and one put on the binding and label.


When I picked the kids up that day, Afton crawled into the front seat and said (in the most innocent way, of course!)..."For ME!?!??!" She was SO excited!! It was hard to tell her that it was for Baby A! Now to just keep it away from her until Baby A arrives :)

Speaking of which, I spent most of yesterday having contractions again. I made sure I was drinking enough water and they still kept coming. I decided against going to the hospital, tho ~ and just waited it out to see what they would do. Once I went home and went to bed, either I was too tired to notice or they calmed down and stopped on their own. So far, so good today.

I'm off to get some lunch ready for the kids and spend some more time quilting this afternoon!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger KC Quilter said...

Really like both of those quilts! You have some fine friends! Glad the baby is cooperating.

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Kim West said...

both quilts are very pretty

9:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home