Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Where Did June Go????

I can't believe it's Sunday the 2nd of July already. What happened to my month of June? I guess time flies when you're having fun...or so they say :)

I haven't made time or found time to quilt in the last couple of weeks and it is driving me CRAZY. I thought I was going to have the afternoon to work on some projects until my hubby just informed me he made plans for us to go visit some friends out of town later on this afternoon. UGH. Not that I don't *want* to, because I love visiting with them...I just have so much stuff that I want to get done before this baby arrives!!! And it's hard to get anything done when you're not home to do it!!

I'm embarrassed to say that I don't think I accomplished ANYTHING off my June list and will now have to move it all to the month of July. Pretty soon, I'm just going to have to give in and remove some things because my time is running out.

Of course, if this pregnancy were going perfectly, I wouldn't lose so much time to problems, either. Yes, I ended up in the hospital again this past week. I started having contractions on Wednesday about 11:30am and I thought they were just Braxton Hicks...but when they didn't go away and started getting stronger...you guessed it...they were the real thing so down to the hospital I went...ALONE. Sometimes I think the hubby just doesn't have his head screwed on straight. But I didn't push the issue of him coming with me and he didn't offer. Anyway, after 6 hours and 4 doses of terbuteline, the contractions settled down and stopped and they sent me home to rest. Thankfully, I haven't had any since then. And the "boss" (my OB) says that if I make it just two more weeks (I was 34 weeks yesterday)...they won't try and stop them again. I'll just be able to go ahead and have her. And am I ever READY!!!!

This weekend I catered a wedding event at our local lodge for 275. It wasn't too bad...the menu was pretty simple but I'm completely exhausted today. Which is why I had in my mind that an afternoon full of quilting therapy was just what I need!!

Gratitudes

1) Our new puppy has added so much fun to our lives! Yes, potty training is a PAIN and I still think cats are easier BUT he is such a little card and there's nothing better than seeing the joy in my children's eyes as they play with him and discover how much fun he is!

2) The baby has been moving lots and letting me know in her own subtle way that she is okay. I enjoy being pregnant but I'm ready to endure sleepless nights to have this little bundle in my arms! (Only 4 or 5 more weeks to go!)

3) The solitude of a shopping trip to my local LQS ~ without children ~ and without a time table.

4) The coolness of our central air conditioning on a really hot Iowa afternoon.

5) The memories I have of my mom as we celebrate her life by mourning her death on the 16th of this month.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Busy busy woman! Slow down and keep that baby in for at least another two weeks. I had to have terb with Olivia too. It ended up being the night before she was born though, due to her heart rate. Can't wait to meet Baby A!! Bet she gives me the baby bug:)

3:14 PM

 
Blogger KC Quilter said...

Oh, boy, what we don't go through to get these babies into the world, huh! Best of luck and hope she stays put a bit longer.

7:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home