Creativity is the courage to express your heart and mind exactly as they are...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Just Had to Post This Pic!

This is a pic of my friend Tammy in my small quilt group. She has CF and has had a really rough year this year with not only that, but a sprained (broken?) wrist as well when she fell off her horse. With all of the existing medical problems she has, adding another one to it takes a LONG time to recover. BUT she is doing great, now ~ and is back to quilting alot again which I know makes her happy.

Anyway, she had to have a surgery last year implanting something (can't remember right now what it is) but her bra rubs on it so she has (in the past) gone into the bathroom, removed the culprit and come out loudly exclaiming how she just couldn't take it anymore. She is a HOOT!! So the other girls in our group came up with the idea that we should make her something with a bra because if she isn't going to wear it, it needs to be good for SOMETHING!! LOL

I started doing research on the internet and found out there actually is a pretty big trend out there right now (especially with red hat ladies) to make "bra purses". We expanded on this idea a bit and made our Tammy a bra sewing kit. Since she loves western stuff and horses, we chose some of those theme materials for the outside and then added some bling-bling with black sparkly beads, black feathers and red tassles! The inside is filled with pockets to put all of her thread, needles, tape measure, etc. in. It closes with velcro and has a strap so she can carry it over her shoulder like a purse. It turned out REALLY cute. And she was not only surprised but just tickled by it, too.

I'm off to quilt this afternoon ~ working on another one of my July projects that MUST be done before I have this baby!! Yesterday, I got the next step penciled out for this RR that I'm working on...off to the quilt shop tomorrow after my OB appointment to get what I need!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home